Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fun Little Tidbits

So, I just wanted to give you a quick insight into the fun times of Benny Meyer.

Benny is now moving across the floor at quite a fast pace. Still not on all fours, but he's using all fours, which I see as a good start!

He claps now. When he's happy or sad. When we play and when he gets yelled at (yes, we yell!). When we sing Modeh Ani in the morning. When he wakes up from his nap. If you haven't quite understood, he's ALWAYS clapping now! It's really cute!

Tonight he found the power switch on his jumperoo. Not sure if he will remember it next time but he had a lot of fun turning the music on and off and he was jumping around!

He is so much fun to play with these days...not that he wasn't before, but now his interaction is on this really cute level, as if he actually understands what is going on in the games we play. It's amazing!

Ah, and now we can get to the best part of the story. Benny is ALWAYS congested, he snores at night, he snorts all the time. So I took him to the doctor. Being that he's a Meyer, I'm keeping a close watch on the possibility of Asthma coming to play so as he gets older and this snortyness isn't going away, I get more and more worried. His doctor feels that it may be a reaction to something I am eating. I have been off of all dairy for over four months now. Dr. Fun decided it's time for me to pull some more out of my diet: no wheat, soy, corn, eggs, fish, nuts.
Basically, I'm really hungry.

Love you all, can't wait to see people in Florida soon!!!
Good night!

2 comments:

DaJoy said...

whoa! well put the dairy back in!

Chani M said...

I actually just took him for allergy testing and thank god, he's not allergic to anything. Just slightly sensitive, which he'll eventually outgrow so at least I'm not on any crazy diet anymore!!
Everything is back in and he's doing fine, just gotta deal with more spit-up then I'd like...