Friday, October 29, 2010

I Said BRRR, It's Cold Out There!!

Anyone else feel like this cold weather came out of nowhere??  I'm absolutely freezing! We actually had the heat on in our apartment last night. Having Benny's freezing toes touch me just once was enough for me! Yesterday, I was literally wearing leggings and a scarf. At home.

So, my extreme nausea has been lifting lately and I feel like I'm actually able to eat and possibly keep on weight. It was nice to not have an extra four months of weight gain but it was pretty rough on the body! But, now I'm starting to look more pregnant as opposed to fat. Which is always a good thing! :)

Benny and I have been doing many projects, trying to keep busy indoors with the lovely weather outside! I surfed the online catalogs of companies like Oriental Trading, Rhode Island Novelty, and the likes. Chose a bunch of projects that look really cute and fun to make. Figured out how to make them on my own. Started stocking up our craft box. We've been doing daily projects and hanging them on the wall. I'm assuming we'll cover this one wall, if not more! We also did some sun catchers for the sliding glass doors out to the balcony. Benny LOVES doing the projects and working with the different mediums! We have finger paints, stickers, gluing/scissors projects, acrylic paints, crayons, colored pencils, etc. He goes to the wall and points to the different things and talks about them. Asks to do repeats of 'this one!' Now, I'm trying to plan our Thanksgiving projects. I need pine cones but I'm pretty sure I thought of this too late, may have to go into a craft store and actually buy them. Or come up with something else to make turkeys out of!

Painting the sun catchers, he LOVED this!!!
They look so nice! 
Benny's Aquarium :) 
Our wall of art! 

I'm not going to lie. I enjoy those projects just as much as Benny, if not more! You may notice I try to make one of my own while he makes his! He is actually standing behind me right now, yelling, "I WANT TO DO A PWAJECT (PROJECT) TODAY!!" I guess that's my sign off cue! Maybe we'll make pop-up puppets today! If anyone needs some rainy/snowy day ideas, let me know!

**UPDATE** We made puppets, not pop-ups, but fun nonetheless! Enjoy the pics below!!
Step 1: Create character and backdrop - we're making an all in one puppet show!
 Step 2: Glue to toilet paper roll. Secure with paper clips to make sure it dries properly.
 Attach large, wooden popsicle stick directly below character. I used standard school glue and reinforced with packing tape. 
Step 4: ENJOY!!

No comments: