Tuesday, May 17, 2011

N to the Y

We are in New York. My mother graduated, the party and ceremony were both very nice. Thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone again! A few years can go by without all of us getting together and then, bam, twice in 30 days!! Needless to say, we are all extremely proud of my mother, completing her MS in Art Education from Pratt!!

One of the nice things about this trip is the fact that we will be here for so long so there is no crazy rush to see everyone instantly. We can take our time, do things at a normal pace! Shuky started working today at a local job, taking a lot of stress out of the equation as well.

On another note, as much as I feel going from zero to one is the hardest, this whole transition to two kids has not been easy. Night time is killer, which means Zombie Mommy come sun-up. Don't cross me before I get coffee. On days when I don't get coffee (like today) you're better off not even looking my way. I bite.

I would like to commend all breast-feeding mothers in the world. Every time I stop everything to nurse, I wonder about the commitment we make, all that we give up. Yes, it's cheaper. Yes, it's very healthy for both of us. It just takes so much to make it work, how time consuming it is, the food we have to avoid, the sleep we lose. Not that I'm thinking of stopping. Just saying...

Got to go for a nice walk today with a good friend, hoping to go again tomorrow. I need to get more vitamin d, more fresh air, more human feelings running through my veins. Being in a real city means real food options. I need to be proactive about my weight before I have to become reactive!!

And with that, I bid you good night.

No comments: