Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Out With the Old!

We'll do the last post from 2012 a day late. Cuz that's just how I roll sometimes. But, we can pretend it's just me being different than all the other blogs that posted yesterday, wrapping up the year. Yeah, let's go with that!

I've been quiet for a bit because things have been a tad crazy. We got our Chanukah wrap up done in time to run back to Kansas City so Benny could go to the CGI Winter Camp. Which he did. And Bella actually ended up joining as well. But Bella also came down with some gastro-intestinal virus of some sort. We were really hoping it was the 24 hours bug going around but seven days later, we are giving up on that dream. She went to the doctor, it's one of those 'ride it out' type of viruses. As of yesterday, our pediatrician said maybe five to seven more days. Hopefully it stops before then. Not sure how many more nights we can spend up with her, or how much more extra laundry I can handle!!

The kids both really had a great time at the camp. I came back to Ames for a few days to get some work done (and what a few days those were but this is neither the time or place to vent about that) and went back out for the weekend. We came back all together on Sunday and have been keeping it kind of low-key since then. All two days since then. And by low-key I mean not getting out of pjs unless absolutely necessary. Like, to go to work. And that's it. Although, to be honest, I did venture out yesterday to do some grocery shopping.

Anyway, I've decided to skip the 'what I've achieved thus far and what I'd like to strive for in the upcoming year' bit.

Truth be told, it all boils down to one simple thing right now. Stay. Sane.

And I feel like that works for anyone out there, no matter what your situation may be. If you are staying sane, you are doing something right. Weight, money, hobbies, home organization - those can be dealt with no matter what year it is!

And now to close up my year in terms of pictures.

I took the kids for pictures this month, got a free photo shoot coupon with free prints so I decided to have some fun. We did regular cute pictures and then we went with a theme of 'A Touch of the Old' - a great time was had by all! If you haven't already seen them, enjoy them here!!

Here are some pictures of the blizzard we had right after Chanukah:

This is the same angle on our balcony, over a matter of a few hours, starting from the right in the middle of the night, ending at the left in the morning. The morning shot had to be through the screen, as it was frozen shot, whereas with the first three, I was crouching on the floor in front of an open door!

The next day, Benny had a snow day so we decided to let them play on the balcony in their snow gear. No need to trek all the way downstairs and then back up! They seriously had so much fun!





No comments: