Sunday, March 17, 2013

Dinosaur Stomping Grounds

The snow is melting, the weather is bearable, the sun is shining. Our never ending winter may actually be ending sometime soon!

So obviously, that means I really need to finish Benny's poncho. Bella's has been done for a while now. She loves it and lives in it. She gets comments and compliments wherever she goes. We barely ever use her coat anymore. I have it in the car as a just in case but I think we've used it once since the monkey option came to town. [Quick reminder, this is the post that motivated me to get this project moving along in the first place.]

So, last night, after the kids were asleep, we cleared off the kitchen table, turned the TV toward the kitchen and each pulled out our project. Shuky had some programming to do, I had a poncho to finish, and we had some shows to catch up on.

We also had some wine on the table. Note to self: Leave the wine alone until you are done with your sewing project. I prepared everything for the sewing part and wisely put it away until the morning.

This morning I pulled everything back out and finished it all up.

I love how it came out! Unfortunately, Benny is in quite a mood this morning so there will be no modeling. But I think you can get the picture.
I said there would be some exciting detail on his hood!





I considered making a tail and paw shaped pockets as well but this took me long enough. He will love it, I'm sure of it. Bella was super excited that the 'nino' poncho was finally ready! She immediately started looking around for her 'ooh ooh ahh ahh' version so they could try them on together. When she remembered it's in the car, she started asking to go 'bye bye'. 
As soon as my grump calms down, I will attempt to update the post with real life pictures!
UPDATE: I got some pictures of Benny wearing and LOVING his poncho! He walked into his class this morning and was so excited to explain to everyone that he know has a coat that he can wear in his car seat. They were not impressed, but I was!






No comments: