Sunday, February 10, 2013

Not Quite So Princessy

Sometimes, you just have to throw in the towel and admit defeat. I've been working really hard on Bella's purim costume. In theory, it's adorable. In reality, it's falling apart and I'm not even done with it. Because it was my first BIG project, I didn't want to spend a ton on material and that, my friends, was definitely the wrong choice. I'm calling it quits on this little princess dress and not even attempting Benny's royal outfit. There are two adorable, ready made costumes starting their journey from the land of civilization and heading our way! Instead, I will now focus more on the shalach manos, which I always love putting together!

This is as far as I got with the princess dress. I'm not scrapping it, just putting it aside until I can figure out what to do with it. Or how to get it to hold the stitching. Like I said, it was in the middle of work. I have not finished the trim or put on sleeves. It was very cute in my head!!

========================================================================

I spearheaded a different project today. 

Benny's kindergarten registration. 

First of all, I don't believe my child is old enough for kindergarten yet. Second of all, I have been dreading this day since we first made the choice to move to Ames.

There's no Jewish school here. We go into Des Moines once a week for a mommy and me program called Torah Tots but that's it. So next year, Benny will be enrolled in the Ames Public School system. 

I know I can't handle homeschooling. I'm just not that mom. He needs the social activity and the classroom environment. So public school it is. 

Hopefully it will be one year only and then we can hightail outta here. 

Hopefully we will have a good experience.







No comments: