Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's Hot, Then It's Cold

Today, my A/C is running. Benny went out without a coat or a hat. Shuky went out in short sleeves. This weather is really weird but, hey, I'm not going to complain about gorgeous weather in November!

Friday is my 25th birthday. I feel old. Imagine how the generation above me must feel!! ;)

Not much to report on the home front. We had a great shabbos with our guests from Postville (come back soon Slater family!) and the apartment is mostly back to the way it should be. I decided to keep the extra bed in Benny's room for now, makes bedtime a bit easier, giving us our own bed to lay on instead of curling into his! He actually loves it, "You go on the smiley face bed Tatty, I go on my bed!" Don't let that fool you into thinking night time is going smoothly. He just has something to be excited about until he realizes it's time to go to sleep!

Being that one can never travel often enough, we are getting ready for our upcoming Thanksgiving vacation. Almost a week in Miami. Sigh. I'm ready! Bring out the shorts and sandals, the bathing suits, the lack of homework for Shuky. Add a side of fries and a milk shake. We're talking perfection in the making!

In the meantime, I'm working on plans for winter break. As of now, everything keeps falling through. It may be a quiet vacation at home, as sad as that sounds! Not that this comes as a surprise to me, but planning trips without any money just doesn't have a way of working out. We finally rounded up enough mileage to make California the winning ticket and they bounced the flight costs up to double because of the holiday season. So now, my three tickets just became one and a half. Better than none, but still leaves me with a bill. No can do!

Oh, and I'm still below my pre-pregnancy weight. As I'm nearing my halfway mark, I'm really hoping this grossness is going to fade out sooner rather than later!

My show is fully buffered, it's back to Gossip Girl I go!

No comments: