Friday, January 20, 2012

No More Than Ten

This morning, Benny was helping me carry in some grocery bags. He asked me to take them from him after a minute, saying it was too heavy. "My hands are too small Mommy, I need you to hold this!" No problem, I took the bag and we continued walking.

He said he wanted to count how many days there were left until Aunty Rochel gets to come visit. He started counting and stopped at ten (he can usually count to a pretty high number). He looked at me and said, "Mommy, I can only count to ten because I have small hands so I only have ten fingers right now."

I love that he thinks more fingers will be coming along sometime soon! I obviously explained to him that it doesn't really work that way but he had no interest in hearing that.

Ignorance is bliss.

No comments: