Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Ticking Things Off

This past birthday, I made myself a list of 28 things I wanted to do before turning 28. I recently stumbled upon that post and realized there were a few things on the list that could be checked off, as I've only actually made note of my doings at one other point.

Here is my newly revised list:

Allow me to explain:

#4 - I went to my cousin's bar mitzvah in California on my own in March. It was just a weekend but it was amazing and it was just me, myself, and my kindle. Which has something to do with #27.

#12 - This summer really and truly allowed me to have more one on one time with my kids. Benny was in camp for four weeks so I Bella and I enjoyed some time together, just us gals. And when we had the chance, Benny and I snuck away as well!

#17 - This is not something I'm going to go too deeply into. You're just going to have to take my word for it. I will clarify that the comfort-zone-stepping-out-of was more of a social thing for me.

#22 - When I took the kids out to California in June for our annual summer visit, my mom dyed my hair for me. I loved it and I still love it now, two months later, with miles of roots that are giving me away!

#26 - While I generally get more quiet over the summers (new places, new things to get used to, it just happens), I do feel that in general I have blogged more this past year than I have in a while. How very apropos that this happens to be blog post #300!!

#27 - My kindle. My lovely kindle in it's teal leather case. We have absolutely been the best of friends this past year. I won't insult my kindle by bringing my insane stack of magazines I get on a very regular basis. But they count too.

There are still plenty of things I need to get knee deep in and time is not waiting! My birthday is in a couple months and I better get working on these over here!!

No comments: